Tuesday, October 19, 2010

great books

One of my most favorite things to do is relax in a comfy spot and read an engrossing book. I am a fast reader. . . well I guess you say I am a "really" fast reader. Seriously, I finished three Harry Potter books in one day.Yes, I do pick up every detail. Ask my mom or sisters, I bore them down with details that were not incorporated into the Harry Potter movies. There's pros and cons to speed-reading. Pro: I finish the book and get feeling of self-accomplishment.Plus, I know what happens. Con: I finish the book and now its over. Oh well. 
Anyways, I have just finished a trilogy called The Looking-Glass Wars by: Frank Beddor. It's a twist of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Alyss, the main character, is battling to regain her proper place as queen while caught between two worlds:Wonderland and Earth. This book turns the whimsical story we all know into a fierce battle of fantasy and reality. I give this book five stars out of five. If you are looking for a good book to read, pick this one up, but beware; you'll never be able to put it down. I know, I know, everyone says that about books, but take my word for it. Link:The Looking Glass Wars Plus, they have awesome covers. :)
By the way, if you have a great book recommendation that you are dying to share, I would love to hear it. I love all kinds of books. (^v^)b


The Looking Glass Wars   Seeing Redd: The Looking Glass Wars, Book Two   ArchEnemy: The Looking Glass Wars, Book Three

1 comment: